More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you'll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body's natural biomechanics. Here's how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what's known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power while behaving like a 32T chainring when you're climbing.
We've also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
These chainrings are for Shimano direct mount cranks. The Wolf Tooth chainrings feature our patented Drop-Stop® design for the best wear life, chain retention, and mud clearance.
- Shimano XTR M9100, XT M8100, and SLX M7100 series 12 speed cranksets.
- Our chainring offset matches the offset of Shimano chainrings to replicate the intended chainline for the crankset.
- Available in multiple tooth profiles for optimal performance based on your chain type. Use Drop-Stop ST for use with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains. Use Drop-Stop A for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann chains. Drop-Stop B is optimized for SRAM 12 spd Transmission (T-type) and Road Flattop chains but is compatible with all chains that work with Drop-Stop A.
- Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop A is the original patented wide/narrow chainring compatible with multiple drivetrain brands including 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, KMC, Wippermann, etc.
- NOT compatible with 12s SRAM Transmission (T-Type) Flattop, 12s Shimano HG+, or 12s Campy
- Compatible 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, 12s SRAM Transmission (T-type) Flattop, 12s Campy, 12s KMC
- Not compatible with 12s Shimano HG+ chains
- Compatible with 12s Shimano Hyperglide+ chain and 12s KMC chain only
- Symmetric Trapezoidal (ST) tooth shape is optimized for Shimano HG+ chain
If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 32/65g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
|Black / Shimano Direct Mount / 32T / Drop-Stop B
|Black / Shimano Direct Mount / 32T / Drop-Stop ST
|Black / Shimano Direct Mount / 34T / Drop-Stop ST